Ah, I love Ulta! I have no shame…I totally go in there with a naked face and wet hair in the hopes of trying a handful of products. I spend a lot of time and money at Ulta, so I don’t feel too guilty. And, I have never asked for a makeover/makeup application unless I plan on dropping some SERIOUS cash. Seriously, who wants to be that girl?
With 40% off & a $3.50 off coupon, I got the following for only $7!!
- Revlon Lash Potion in Blackened Brown $7.99/4.79 — I haven’t used a waterproof formula for a while, so I picked this up for the upcoming toasty days of summer. The mascara went on smooth without clumps, but it was nothing too exciting. If you want to build it, I would suggest doing it while it is still wet. I tried to add a coat later on in the night, and it got a little flaky. As far as the fortifying claims, I’ll have to get back to you!
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart $8.99/5.39 — This stain went on smoothly with a slight mint flavor (no tingling). The color was bright and had serious staying power. For everyday use, I would probably pick a more subdued hue, but this one is gorgeous for a night out. I would suggest that you keep a clear lip balm on hand to keep the color looking smooth. Overall, I did not find it to be too drying, which is a bonus for a stain!
What I tried on…and may buy later:
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight $89 — I typically wear Daisy Eau So Fresh…but I love this fruitier limited edition version. I definitely suggest that you give it a try. The bottle is also gorgeous and colorful!
- Benefit Big Easy in Light/Medium $38 — Meh, I love me some Benefit, but I didn’t like the powder finish or the price. I am finishing up Origins CC Cream right now and like that much better.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin $20 — This primer is a gorgeous, shimmery chrome base to wear alone or with any look. I am currently using up a sample of the original, which I absolutely love. So worth it!
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso $22 — I love this stuff. Although it seems pricey, the tube is rather large compared to similar gels. This product is so easy to use, especially for girls like me that already have plenty of brow. You may want to look at other products in the line if you are looking for more definition or need to really build up your brows. I am using Revlon’s tinted brow gel right now, but Anastasia takes the cake. (I am currently saving up my Birchbox Points to treat myself to this amazing product. Feel free to click my referral link if you want to help me get there ❤ )